Job Description: Accounting Manager / Entry-Level Controller
Running a successful business takes a solid team of leaders with the right mix of talent, capabilities and chemistry. One of those team members is the “business” guy/gal – yeah, they are technically solid in all things related to running the business-side – accounting, tax, legal, HR, etc. – but they are also the person that has to find the balance sometimes of being the voice of reason and identifying the holes in big dreams of others, while still being able to enter in the dream and creatively get around the obstacles for the ones that have legs. This person doesn’t require a lot of hand-holding or lighting a fire beneath them - they just have the discipline to get things done and get them done right to sustain a solid foundation for the business. They also have the confidence to speak their mind –- but in a respectful way that recognizes they hold but one of many perspectives. They are also able to listen well and respect the ideas of others, and then accept the marching orders of the leader. They don’t create drama – in fact they are often a peace-maker.
Does that team member sound like you? Or someone you know? If so, we would love to have a conversation!
This position is responsible for the execution of duties related to finance/accounting, human resources (HR), legal and risk management functions.
- Participate in the ongoing strategic planning process as an integral member of the senior management team.
- Engage with and advise the CEO regarding issues, trends, and changes in the business model.
- Evaluate new opportunities and oversee due-diligence review.
Financial and Operational Management
- Oversee budgeting.
- Ensure that financial record systems are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles or other agreed-upon methods, and monitor the use of all funds.
- Evaluate federal, state and local tax implications to the business, and implement appropriate policies and procedures for full compliance.
- Prepare and communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting.
- Develop and maintain strong banking, CPA and other key business-support relationships.
- Oversee the A/P and A/R functions; lead the client billing process in coordination with the Account Services team, including data use accounting/reporting.
- Oversee the hiring and contracting process for employees, third-party providers, and clients, including payroll and contract management processes.
- Evaluate and oversee all employee benefits negotiations, thus providing the most competitive packages for employees of company.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, with preference for CPA/CMA or an MBA.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, billing, tax, budgeting, and reporting.
- Experience in HR (hiring, payroll and benefits), negotiations, and contract review.
- Loves serving others and being a hands-on leader
- Character traits of integrity and humility and responsibility.
- Excellent listening, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, and generally adaptive to a variety of software applications.
- Available to work full time from the corporate office in Franklin Tennessee
Compensation & Benefits Include:
- Competitive Base Salary (Depending on Prior Experience)
- Annual Performance-Based Bonus
- Paid Time Off beginning in Year 1
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance Package (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401k Plan
Expressions of interest should be made by submitting the following:
- a cover letter speaking to how you match up with the description, including address the following four questions:
- Do you meet all the qualifications we have listed?
- Do any of the duties we have described give you pause?
- Why are you the ideal candidate?
- Why are you interested in this job?
- current resume or CV;
- (optional) profile from any personality type, or style-profiles you have taken, such as Enneagram, DISC, Myers-Briggs, Kolbe, or Strengths Finder.
Thanks for considering this position. We look forward to hearing from you.