Job Description: New Business Development Representative, Credit Solutions
The primary responsibility of the New Business Development Representative is to drive and deliver new client revenue opportunities of $50K+ per year in Altair credit data and analytics marketing solutions to auto lenders, consumer lenders and mortgage lenders. This is an opportunity to work daily with the marketing departments of many of the largest direct marketers in the United States primarily selling Altair’s tri-bureau prescreen credit services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Hunt and close $50K+ marketing solution opportunities to exceed sales goals within a defined territory.
- Maintain and develop a thorough understanding of our products/solutions toward solving customer business problems in target markets.
- Organizes and implements post-sale delivery and implementation of Altair solutions at customer locations.
- Act as primary point of contact internally and externally for coordination, implementation and measurement of customer expectations.
- Proactively develops new customer contacts and revenue channels by participation in customers direct marketing communication planning and delivers Altair solutions proposals as needs and opportunities are discovered.
- Plan and consult within a team-based work environment to coordinate solution implementation.
Core Competencies & Requirements
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- 3+ years of successful business-to-business sales experience with national or large regional accounts; to include a minimum of 3 years of direct marketing experience.
- Experience should include sales responsibility where you have worked with clients or suppliers in managing and/or selling direct marketing programs.
- Experience in the marketing areas of financial, insurance, or healthcare industries or within a direct marketing agency will be viewed positively.
- Communication - effective expression in written and verbal form to ensure clear understanding and expectations of all concerned.
- Effective expression of ideas, tasks and status to a variety of levels of internal and external clients in a clear and concise manner.
- Candidate must be willing and able to travel to client locations as needed.
The following are personal qualities that will characterize the successful applicant:
- Independence--must have the ability to work on his/her own without constant direction or supervision. He/she must be self-motivated and posses a strong work ethic to continually strive to put forth-extra effort.
- Creativity--must be able to generate imaginative, innovative solutions that meet client needs.
- Driven-- must be motivated to exceed revenue goals through ongoing growth and development of clients through new direct marketing solutions.
- Tenacity--given the length of the sales cycle, this professional must have the tenacity, initiative and drive to stay in touch with decision maker(s) until the desire objective (the sale) is achieved or is no longer reasonably attainable.
- Versatility--candidate needs to demonstrate the ability to manage complex sales and marketing initiatives involving multiple product groups and divisions (without much formal support).
- Marketing --this professional must understand and be able to communicate practical marketing applications to clients.
- Empath-- strong listening skills to ensure response to client business needs is critical.
- Collaboration--this professional must have the ability to coordinate activities across multiple Altair operating units to ensure that client needs are being met.
Thanks for considering this position. We look forward to hearing from you.